Skip to main content

Spring Break Fun!!!

Spring Break was sure fun and interesting!!  Carpet cleaning, a trip to Ikea, egg coloring, Easter Egg Scramble, and all the fun of Easter morning have made this a memorable spring break for sure. I have truly loved being home with my kiddos but there were times, especially Sunday afternoon after too much Easter candy, that I was definitely ready to head back to work and for them to head back to school.

Monday was the only day my hubby had to work as he took vacation the rest of the week.  So the kids and I did some random stuff around the house and ran some errands.  Maddie went to Menards to pick out paint for her desk so she could paint it with Poppa.  While they were doing that, I took EJ to get his haircut and then to Shopko to get some totes for under the bed storage, the kids’ projects and their photo albums.  I have recently switched from using photo albums to using photo boxes.  You can fit in so many more photos and still have the ability to write on the back of them what they are all about.  I am loving this new idea that my mom gave me.  Anyway, when we got home I went to work getting ready for carpet cleaning the next day.  Vacuuming, dusting, getting the bedding washed.  It was a lot to do, but it kept me busy and off my butt which would have loved to stay parked on the couch all day!  I did get a really nice training run in of 4 miles that night as well.  I went a little further after receiving some very sad news about a colleague earlier in the day.  This is just another reason that running has been a Godsend for me.  I use it to clear my mind of things that stress me out.  It is so much healthier than what I used to do!  Food and becoming super negative were how I would deal with stressful situations prior to finding running.  This helped me to clear my head and move past my own emotions so I could focus on my family and not let this news affect my behavior towards them.  

Tuesday was hill repeat day and carpet cleaning day.  I was lucky enough to be able to sleep in a little and then push for some extra hill repeats in the daylight!  It was still pretty cool outside at this time, but at least the sun was out.  I managed to run my butt up and down the high school hill 10 times this morning.  I was only supposed to do 7, but I figured extra would be fine since I had the time!  Boy was that fun and challenging!  I know it will all be worth it when it comes to my half marathons and full marathon this year.  So after spending some time relaxing on the couch after this run, we finally got to the carpets.  One thing that I absolutely hate to do is clean!  I hate doing it.  I know it is necessary and I am thankful for the cleaning routine I have stuck to for the past year and a half, but I still don’t want to do it!  And spring cleaning, don’t even get me started with how much I hate that!  So the thought of cleaning the carpets today was absolutely dreadful!  Luckily my awesome hubby was home to help, well it was his idea, so he really didn’t have a choice but to help.  Anyway, he really did most of the work with the carpet cleaning.  I helped move furniture when he needed it moved and rearranged our daughter’s room with help from my parents who volunteered for this torture!  They were just what I needed to help get her room organized.  We ended up taking the footboard and sideboards off her bed and moving it against one of the walls so she would have more room for her newly painted desk.  She was pretty excited about that.  Overall, it wasn’t as bad as I thought and I really am glad that it is done and that my carpets are clean.  My whole house smells clean now! I love it!  I even cleaned out the refrigerator while hubby was carpet cleaning.  I do like crossing things off my to-do list so crossing these things off was definitely a plus!!

Wednesday we got up early and headed to Schaumburg to the Ikea store.  Hubby and the kiddos have never been and it’s been quite awhile for myself so this was a nice distraction from the cleaning.  I went just thinking that this was going to be a trip to look around and not really buy anything.  Boy, was I wrong about that!  We ended up buying a new desk chair, 2 bookshelves, some lanterns for the table outside, toys for the kids, pillows for the bed, and a new desk lamp.  We also got some ideas for new lighting for our living room, but that is not a project we want to tackle just yet.  It was a super fun trip!  Maddie was able to pick out a new desk chair for her desk and EJ is now on the lookout for a desk for his room so he can go pick out a chair of his own.  
IMG_1470.JPG IMG_1472.JPG
After Ikea, we went to check out Legoland.  We ended up not doing the tour due to the price, so we just checked out the store and the kids were able to pick out some new Legos.  We then headed to the Woodfield mall to wander around before having dinner at Rainforest Cafe.  This mall is huge!!!  We ended up stopping at the Disney Store where we got some ideas for EJ’s birthday (and maybe bought a few gifts!).  Dinner was awesome!  I forgot how cool Rainforest Cafe was!  The kids loved all the animals and the thunderstorm that happens every so often while you are eating.  They were even so hungry that they ate different food for dinner!  If any of you know my children, you know that they basically eat the same things every day, which is usually chicken and fries.  Well today they chose different items and were rewarded with dessert!

IMG_1480.JPG IMG_1483.JPG

IMG_1487.JPG
We were definitely tired when we got home after this busy day!  It was so much fun though!  I love spending fun days exploring new things with my family!  

Thursday it decided to ice storm in the morning and then snow in the afternoon!  Boy this weather in Wisconsin is confused this year!  Needless to say, I ended up switching up my workouts due to the weather.  I completed leg day today with lots of extra leg work.  I ended up doing 2 hours worth of legs!  It was a beast and I had DOMS for 2 days afterwards!! Because the weather was so crappy, I headed to the store early to get a few things I need.  Really it was just for hair color so I could punch up my red hair again.  I hate that about being a redhead now.  It always fades so quickly!  Anyway, after I got home we colored Easter eggs and the kids painted ceramic Easter bunnies.  We turned a crappy day into a day of fun!  
IMG_1494.JPG IMG_1496.JPG IMG_1497.JPG

IMG_1501.JPG
The bunnies are something only a mother could love,  but the eggs look nice!!

Friday and Saturday we didn’t do too much.  Normal routines except I went to the store on Friday instead of Saturday.  I opted for the treadmill on Friday morning since the roads still looked pretty crappy that morning.  Of course, by afternoon they were clear but I really like to get my workout done in the morning.  It really sets the tone for the rest of the day!

Friday night Maddie and I did our nails for Easter!  Aren’t they cute?!?!
IMG_0651.JPG IMG_1537.JPG

Saturday we headed to up to a park near our house for an Easter Egg Scramble put on by some local businesses.  My kids did not want to get up and go, but being the awesome mom that I am, I made them go!  They actually had a lot of fun collecting the eggs and checking out the candy they got.  I’m so glad we went!!

IMG_1548.JPGIMG_1549.JPG

Then we came home to build our new chair and bookshelves from Ikea.  The kids loved helping Daddy!  I don’t think he enjoyed it as much!

IMG_1551.JPG

Easter morning rolled around and I wasn’t sure how many miles I was going to get in that morning so I set out with a low number in my head. I wanted to get in at least 6 miles so I could justify some of the candy and goodies I was going to eat.  I didn’t get up as early as I wanted to but I managed to get in 9 miles before anyone else in my house was awake!  I even took a shower before I had to wake everyone up!  I guess after a week of staying up late and not having many responsibilities, this is what was to be expected.  We had an awesome time searching for baskets at our house, then an egg hunt and baskets at my mom and dad’s.  

IMG_1567.JPG

The kids even put on a show for us!!
IMG_1596.JPG IMG_1597.JPG IMG_1601.JPG

They are total hams!!  Love them so much!!!!

When we returned home, we celebrated our niece Adriana’s birthday with her and Nana, so the kids got more Easter Baskets.  They are totally spoiled rotten.  

Sorry this post is late!  I have been super busy with work and home and training that I feel like I never have time to sit down and write!  I need to schedule my time better to make room for this.  

As always, thank you for reading!  I hope you enjoy your look into a special week with me and my family!

RUN ON MY FRIENDS!!!
Laura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired Endurance Giveaway

I HAVE SOMETHING SUPER AWESOME TO SHARE!! READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE!!! Several times during the past 3 weeks I have been wearing these 2 awesome bracelets from Inspired Endurance.  It was brought to my attention about 4 weeks ago that they were looking for bloggers to wear their jewelry and write a review about them.  I was honored to be able to do this.  I asked for the 13.1 charm for myself and the run charm to give away.  I have been wearing both to see what it would be like to wear multiple bracelets from them.  I love them!  I love them so much that I am actually going to purchase the 26.2 charm to wear with my 13.1 charm so that I can wear 2 of them all the time!   They are so comfortable to wear that I hardly notice that I have them on!  I am a teacher so I am running around all day working with kids, working the copy machine, and typing on the computer.  Normally dangly bracelets will end up driving me crazy about halfway through the day.  These ones have not bothe

MADISON MARATHON 26.2~I AM A MARATHONER!!!!

OMG!!!!!   I DID IT!!! I RAN A MARATHON!!!  I AM A MARATHONER!!!!  I seriously cannot believe I did it! I am still in shock days later! I completed a marathon!  I didn’t DNF! I wanted to several times towards the end, but thanks to some awesome new running friends, I made it through the entire 26.2 miles!  I feel ridiculously sore, but I am the happiest and proudest I think I have ever been of myself!  I DID IT!!!!   I was so nervous waking up this morning!  I didn’t fully know what to expect since it was my first full, but I have run so many other races that I just used my normal routine to get myself going.  I ate breakfast and got myself dressed, then went on to waking up the rest of my crew.  My awesome Mother-in-law spent the night since we had to be up and going so early.  I wanted to leave the house by 5:45 but we never leave when I want to.  Getting my crew up and going is quite a feat this early in the morning!  We were out the door by 6 so I was happy about that.  I just

I may have a Serious Addiction!!!!

In the past 3 weeks I have ran 41, 45, and 46 miles!! Those are some crazy totals considering I would have been lucky to have a total of 20 miles a week back in October/November of last year! I definitely have my mojo back!! I keep wanting to push myself more and more with my running! My legs are feeling strong and powerful and I love it!! I am super proud of how far I have come with my running.  Back when I started running almost 3 years ago, I had a hard time running a full mile on the treadmill and it took me between 13-15 minutes to do it! I would get so down on myself, thinking that I would never be able to run a 10 minute mile! Now I can run that consistently for long distances, but I get down on myself when I can't maintain 9 minute miles for a 5K! I need to just be proud of myself for how far I have come with my running! I will get there! I'm just always in such a competiton with myself! I know I can I can do so much better with my nutrition so I am going to read this b