Skip to main content

7 Things Sunday 5-22-16

So I follow several other bloggers and one thing that a few of them do is a 5 Things Friday Blog where they tell about 5 things that happened during that week.  I thought I would give this a try this week just to see how it goes.  Except our week was so busy that I didn’t have time to get the blog up and ready by Friday so I decided to do a 7 Things Sunday Blog instead.  So here it is!  My 7 things from this week!

  1. On Sunday we began the clean up on the side of our house to get ready for our garage to be built!  Moving the bricks was a lot of work but the kids helped so it wasn’t too bad.  Yes, it’s true!  We do not have a garage!  We bought our house knowing that it didn’t have a garage.  There were so many other selling points that this was not a big deal for us.  We finally decided that we really need a garage now that we have a newer car, the kids have bikes and scooters, and we just seem to collect more and more stuff.  Plus some of the kids baby toys I want to keep for the grandkids eventually and they have a ton of memories so I don’t want to part with them and our basement is getting quite full of stuff.  Building the garage will allow us to open up the attic which the previous owners sealed when they installed the wood burning stove.  The whole project will be a godsend when it’s done.  Our basement will be more organized.  I will have an attic to store stuff.  My hubby will have a garage to work in and his shed will be just for lawn stuff.  It’s going to free up a lot of space and make our house even more of a home than it already is.  I’m nervous and excited!!
IMG_2221.JPG
Here’s what the side of my house looks like now that all the junk has been cleared out!

  1. This has been my last tough training week before the Madison Twilight 10K and Half Marathon weekend extravaganza in a week.  Sunday I ran 10.5 miles, Tuesday was speed drills, Thursday was hill repeats, and then this weekend will be the last long runs before next weekend’s fun. My strength training has been awesome this week and I am feeling stronger all over. I still need to work on my core and cleaning up my diet a bit more, but sometime you just have to live your life and enjoy licking the frosting off the spatula!  
IMG_2201.JPG IMG_2213.JPG
These were my 2 hardest workouts this week.

  1. Because my girlie’s birthday is in August, her teacher came up with a schedule for May to celebrate all the summer birthdays in her class.  My girlies day was this Friday.  She requested yellow cupcakes with vanilla frosting colored green, which is her favorite color.  There are 20 kids in her class but she requested extra so she could pass them out to other teachers in the building. I ended up baking and frosting 30 cupcakes for her to take to school.  Because I had extra cake batter, I poured the rest in a pan for a cake. Now we have our own cake at home to enjoy as well!  Oh boy!  Why do I torture myself like this??
IMG_2277.JPG
So far we haven’t actually eaten too much of the cake!!
  1. Friday was also the Colorathon at Maddie and EJ’s school.  It’s an awesome fundraiser for the school and so much fun for the kids and parents.  It’s like a mini-Color Me Rad!! We all ran again this year!  Yes, even my hubby ran with EJ!  Maddie and I ran together!  We had to run around their school block twice to make a mile and were splashed with color along the way.  Then we all gathered on the playground to do one giant color bomb with the color packets we received for participating in the run. We were totally covered in color after that! We stayed and hung out on the playground for awhile before heading home to shower and have dinner!  It was such an awesome evening!!
IMG_2249.JPG IMG_2250.JPG IMG_2251.JPG
Before After the run After the color bombs


  1. Being a Sweatpink Ambassador I get the opportunity to review products.  I have been selected to review Bob’s Red Mill Protein Powder for our #summerstrong campaign.  I’m so excited!  This stuff sounds amazing!!  I’ll be trying out their vanilla, chocolate, chia, and protein and fiber protein powders this summer!  I can’t wait to try them!  I’m already trying out my new shaker bottle!!  @BobsRedMill @FitApproach #SummerStrong #SweatPink!
IMG_2281.JPG
Isn’t my photobomber cute???

  1. Saturday after my long run I planted the flowers in my planters around the house and hung up my hanging baskets around our beautiful pine tree.  I love it when my house is all set up for the summer and looks amazing.  Makes me want to just sit outside on my deck and relax all day long every day!!  
IMG_2275.JPG IMG_2276.JPG
Aren’t they beautiful??

  1. Our first bonfire of the year was Saturday night.  My husband is a bit of pyro and loves to really get the flames going.  I think all of our neighbors think we are crazy!  The kids love it and so does my over-grown child!  LOL  It’s a lot of fun relaxing by the fire and toasting marshmallows for s'mores. Perfect way to start the summer season!  (Yes!  I had 2 s'mores! I’m human and they were delicious!)
IMG_2264.JPG

It’s been an awesome week and I can’t wait to see what this week has in store for us.  Hubby is home on vacation all week and we are having 6 trees come down on Monday!  Lots of exciting things happening at the Steele house!!!

Until next time!!

RUN ON!!

Laura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired Endurance Giveaway

I HAVE SOMETHING SUPER AWESOME TO SHARE!! READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE!!! Several times during the past 3 weeks I have been wearing these 2 awesome bracelets from Inspired Endurance.  It was brought to my attention about 4 weeks ago that they were looking for bloggers to wear their jewelry and write a review about them.  I was honored to be able to do this.  I asked for the 13.1 charm for myself and the run charm to give away.  I have been wearing both to see what it would be like to wear multiple bracelets from them.  I love them!  I love them so much that I am actually going to purchase the 26.2 charm to wear with my 13.1 charm so that I can wear 2 of them all the time!   They are so comfortable to wear that I hardly notice that I have them on!  I am a teacher so I am running around all day working with kids, working the copy machine, and typing on the computer.  Normally dangly bracelets will end up driving me crazy about halfway through the day.  These ones have not bothe

MADISON MARATHON 26.2~I AM A MARATHONER!!!!

OMG!!!!!   I DID IT!!! I RAN A MARATHON!!!  I AM A MARATHONER!!!!  I seriously cannot believe I did it! I am still in shock days later! I completed a marathon!  I didn’t DNF! I wanted to several times towards the end, but thanks to some awesome new running friends, I made it through the entire 26.2 miles!  I feel ridiculously sore, but I am the happiest and proudest I think I have ever been of myself!  I DID IT!!!!   I was so nervous waking up this morning!  I didn’t fully know what to expect since it was my first full, but I have run so many other races that I just used my normal routine to get myself going.  I ate breakfast and got myself dressed, then went on to waking up the rest of my crew.  My awesome Mother-in-law spent the night since we had to be up and going so early.  I wanted to leave the house by 5:45 but we never leave when I want to.  Getting my crew up and going is quite a feat this early in the morning!  We were out the door by 6 so I was happy about that.  I just

I may have a Serious Addiction!!!!

In the past 3 weeks I have ran 41, 45, and 46 miles!! Those are some crazy totals considering I would have been lucky to have a total of 20 miles a week back in October/November of last year! I definitely have my mojo back!! I keep wanting to push myself more and more with my running! My legs are feeling strong and powerful and I love it!! I am super proud of how far I have come with my running.  Back when I started running almost 3 years ago, I had a hard time running a full mile on the treadmill and it took me between 13-15 minutes to do it! I would get so down on myself, thinking that I would never be able to run a 10 minute mile! Now I can run that consistently for long distances, but I get down on myself when I can't maintain 9 minute miles for a 5K! I need to just be proud of myself for how far I have come with my running! I will get there! I'm just always in such a competiton with myself! I know I can I can do so much better with my nutrition so I am going to read this b