Skip to main content

Workouts and More Reflections Dec. 27-Jan. 2

I can’t believe the last week of the year is over.  I had so much fun with the kids and relaxing with family.  It was a great little vacation.  I’m not quite ready for it to be over yet.  

Here’s what my week of workouts looked like:  

Sun--run 10 miles outside
Mon--back and biceps plus some legs
Tues--treadmill run 8 miles
Wed--legs with extra legs and some bicep curls
Thurs--treadmill run 7 miles
Fri--REST
Sat--run 8 miles outside

My workouts this week were pretty good.  I enjoyed sleeping in a little bit and getting in some extra moves.  I still had to get up early to get hubby off to work, but it was nice knowing that I could send him off and then head back downstairs for more.  It was also nice that the kids slept in and I could take a nap after breakfast if I felt tired.  I could also spend some time for myself in the mornings before they woke up.  I got to watch what I wanted on TV and enjoy my coffee in peace and quiet. It was very nice.  I did end up taking Friday off since we stayed up really late for New Year's Eve and ended up sleeping in really late.  We played games in our jammies all day and just hung out. It was really fun and relaxing.  I finally got my butt outside on Saturday to run.  The roads were still pretty icy, so I’m going to have to switch up my normal routes, but that’s what I get for living in Wisconsin.


IMG_0474.JPG

I know I posted my goals for 2016 earlier this week.  I purposely didn’t post a yearly mileage goal because I tend to get overwhelmed when I post a lengthy goal like that and I’m not sure how many miles I am going to be able to run this year.  Last year I totally overdid my miles early in the year and that is what brought on my plantar fasciitis.  So I’m worried about overdoing it again.  I would love to be able to run 2016 miles in 2016 since I did actually get really close by running 1985 miles this year.  I haven’t signed up for the runtheyear2016.com challenge yet and I don’t know if I will, but I did set a goal on Runkeeper to run 2016 miles this year.  I want to see how close I can get to this number.  I kinda want to register for the challenge though, since I can get a t-shirt and a finisher medal.  I can partner up with someone, but I am so competitive that I would love to do this all on my own.   I don’t know.  I really like bling!!  I’ll decide soon, but until then, I am just going to enjoy running however many miles I want.  I love running and I love challenging myself, but I don’t want to out run my love of the sport. I feel like I have been a little burnt out after my marathon training and I am finally getting back to loving running.  Even on the treadmill at times!  I am excited for my races this year and to achieve my fitness goals.  Whether or not I make this goal of running 2016 miles this year, I am going to be happy with however many miles I run and the fitness goals that I achieve this year.  

What are your fitness and / or running goals this year??


IMG_0445.JPG

And as always, my friends,

IMG_0425.JPG
RUN ON,

Laura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired Endurance Giveaway

I HAVE SOMETHING SUPER AWESOME TO SHARE!! READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE!!! Several times during the past 3 weeks I have been wearing these 2 awesome bracelets from Inspired Endurance.  It was brought to my attention about 4 weeks ago that they were looking for bloggers to wear their jewelry and write a review about them.  I was honored to be able to do this.  I asked for the 13.1 charm for myself and the run charm to give away.  I have been wearing both to see what it would be like to wear multiple bracelets from them.  I love them!  I love them so much that I am actually going to purchase the 26.2 charm to wear with my 13.1 charm so that I can wear 2 of them all the time!   They are so comfortable to wear that I hardly notice that I have them on!  I am a teacher so I am running around all day working with kids, working the copy machine, and typing on the computer.  Normally dangly bracelets will end up driving me crazy about halfway through the day.  These ones have not bothe

MADISON MARATHON 26.2~I AM A MARATHONER!!!!

OMG!!!!!   I DID IT!!! I RAN A MARATHON!!!  I AM A MARATHONER!!!!  I seriously cannot believe I did it! I am still in shock days later! I completed a marathon!  I didn’t DNF! I wanted to several times towards the end, but thanks to some awesome new running friends, I made it through the entire 26.2 miles!  I feel ridiculously sore, but I am the happiest and proudest I think I have ever been of myself!  I DID IT!!!!   I was so nervous waking up this morning!  I didn’t fully know what to expect since it was my first full, but I have run so many other races that I just used my normal routine to get myself going.  I ate breakfast and got myself dressed, then went on to waking up the rest of my crew.  My awesome Mother-in-law spent the night since we had to be up and going so early.  I wanted to leave the house by 5:45 but we never leave when I want to.  Getting my crew up and going is quite a feat this early in the morning!  We were out the door by 6 so I was happy about that.  I just

I may have a Serious Addiction!!!!

In the past 3 weeks I have ran 41, 45, and 46 miles!! Those are some crazy totals considering I would have been lucky to have a total of 20 miles a week back in October/November of last year! I definitely have my mojo back!! I keep wanting to push myself more and more with my running! My legs are feeling strong and powerful and I love it!! I am super proud of how far I have come with my running.  Back when I started running almost 3 years ago, I had a hard time running a full mile on the treadmill and it took me between 13-15 minutes to do it! I would get so down on myself, thinking that I would never be able to run a 10 minute mile! Now I can run that consistently for long distances, but I get down on myself when I can't maintain 9 minute miles for a 5K! I need to just be proud of myself for how far I have come with my running! I will get there! I'm just always in such a competiton with myself! I know I can I can do so much better with my nutrition so I am going to read this b