Skip to main content

Workouts and Reflections January 3-9

Here’s how it all went down this week.  I am excited to be back to work and back on track.  It was a wonderful, restful little vacation, but I am glad to be back to a regular routine.  I thrive on routine.  I like things that are constant in my life and having a great job with great colleagues and students makes going to work, not really work.  It’s fun!  I love my job and I am excited to be back to it full force.  

Workouts:
Sun--Run 10 miles outside
Mon--shoulders and arms, legs, PM run 2 miles
Tues--AM run 6 miles, core
Wed--legs, PM run 2 miles, core
Thurs--AM run 5 miles, PM run 2 miles, Bosco’s Birthday
Fri--chest and back, legs, and some biceps
Sat--run 8 miles outside naked!, core

Reflections:
Sunday’s run was cold and hard at first.  I really did not want to get out of my bed.  I’m glad I did and after a few miles my legs loosened up and weren’t quite as heavy as they were to start.  I still did not enjoy the cold very much, but singing along to my music helped and I was able to enjoy my 10 miles.  I ended up having a migraine Sunday afternoon and that was terrible.  It was a pretty bad one.  I haven’t had a migraine like that in awhile.  It took 2 doses of my meds to finally get it to go away.  I know I haven't been drinking as much water as I should be and have been drinking too much coffee since I have been home, so that could be part of my problem on Sunday.  Needless to say, I did not get as much done as I wanted to on Sunday, but sometimes taking care of myself is more important.  

Monday was a really good workout day.  I got up early and got my shoulders, arms, and legs workout done and it felt amazing.  Tuesday and Wednesday were another story however.  After falling asleep on the couch at 7:30 Monday night, I would have thought that I would have been up early and raring to go on Tuesday.  Well my body had other plans.  I slept until 4:20 Tuesday and 4:40 Wednesday.  I still managed to get my workouts in, but they weren’t what I thought they were going to be.  I guess being off my normal routine really took a toll on me!  Thursday was better.  I got up and downstairs to the treadmill at about 4:20 but my legs were not having it this morning.  I think it was the incline being at 2%.  I wanted to simulate being on the open road as much as possible, but I guess 2% was just too much for my legs right now.  I put it back down to 1% and that seemed to work out much better.  However, I was only able to get in 5 miles since I had stopped so much before I put the incline back down.  Oh well, we live and learn.  Friday was much better.  I got my chest and back workout done plus some deadlifts and some bicep curls.  It felt really good to do this workout.  I haven’t done so many pushups in a few weeks and I could totally feel it in my chest by the end of the day.  

Saturday I ran naked!!!!!  HA HA not naked without clothes, but naked without my Garmin!!  It was one of the best runs I have had in awhile.  I enjoyed every moment.  It was so freeing!  I ran at a pace that was comfortable, sang along to my music that I turned up really loud (sorry neighbors!), and didn’t worry about time the whole run!  It was amazing!  I am going to have to do this more often.  I ran a route that I knew was 8 miles so I was still able to guess at my time and distance since we all know I like to keep track of everything.  But not worrying about any of that while I was out running was perfect today!  Actually the real reason I ran naked was that I had purchased a screen and body protector for my Garmin Vivoactive that is military grade material and the directions stated that it needed to dry for 12-24 hours so that it will seal correctly.  I wanted it to seal as best as possible so I didn’t run with it this morning.  That was the real reason.  But seriously it was THE most enjoyable run I have had in a long time!

20140716-233828-85108598.jpg
(HA HA!  But seriously, I did run without my Garmin!)


I have been able to get in some extra workouts in the evenings and I have been pretty good about getting in some kind of core work at night.  I have been doing sit ups and planks this week.  I don’t know if I will ever get rid of the loose skin I have from having my kids, but I am going to work really hard to try!  Maddie has been wanting to run on the treadmill at night so I have been more than willing to oblige.  I have been wanting to do some extra speed work to work on getting faster since my speed has been lacking since marathon training.  This was my opportunity.  I didn’t start too fast, just doing intervals at 6 mph and then a comfortable pace.  I am hoping to build up my speed and intervals throughout the winter.  As long as Maddie wants to come downstairs and cheer me on until it’s her turn.  She has been really enjoying her running.  The fastest she goes is about 4-5 mph and not for very long.  She really enjoys walking at an incline of 10%.  She’s going to be a beast soon!!  I love it!  Super proud Momma right here!!


Run-Naked.png
Try it!  You’ll like it!!
IMG_0548.JPG
Week in Review Photo Collage!  It was a very good week!!

Always remember, my friends, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
IMG_0425.JPG

RUN ON,

Laura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired Endurance Giveaway

I HAVE SOMETHING SUPER AWESOME TO SHARE!! READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE!!! Several times during the past 3 weeks I have been wearing these 2 awesome bracelets from Inspired Endurance.  It was brought to my attention about 4 weeks ago that they were looking for bloggers to wear their jewelry and write a review about them.  I was honored to be able to do this.  I asked for the 13.1 charm for myself and the run charm to give away.  I have been wearing both to see what it would be like to wear multiple bracelets from them.  I love them!  I love them so much that I am actually going to purchase the 26.2 charm to wear with my 13.1 charm so that I can wear 2 of them all the time!   They are so comfortable to wear that I hardly notice that I have them on!  I am a teacher so I am running around all day working with kids, working the copy machine, and typing on the computer.  Normally dangly bracelets will end up driving me crazy about halfway through the day.  These ones have not bothe

MADISON MARATHON 26.2~I AM A MARATHONER!!!!

OMG!!!!!   I DID IT!!! I RAN A MARATHON!!!  I AM A MARATHONER!!!!  I seriously cannot believe I did it! I am still in shock days later! I completed a marathon!  I didn’t DNF! I wanted to several times towards the end, but thanks to some awesome new running friends, I made it through the entire 26.2 miles!  I feel ridiculously sore, but I am the happiest and proudest I think I have ever been of myself!  I DID IT!!!!   I was so nervous waking up this morning!  I didn’t fully know what to expect since it was my first full, but I have run so many other races that I just used my normal routine to get myself going.  I ate breakfast and got myself dressed, then went on to waking up the rest of my crew.  My awesome Mother-in-law spent the night since we had to be up and going so early.  I wanted to leave the house by 5:45 but we never leave when I want to.  Getting my crew up and going is quite a feat this early in the morning!  We were out the door by 6 so I was happy about that.  I just

I may have a Serious Addiction!!!!

In the past 3 weeks I have ran 41, 45, and 46 miles!! Those are some crazy totals considering I would have been lucky to have a total of 20 miles a week back in October/November of last year! I definitely have my mojo back!! I keep wanting to push myself more and more with my running! My legs are feeling strong and powerful and I love it!! I am super proud of how far I have come with my running.  Back when I started running almost 3 years ago, I had a hard time running a full mile on the treadmill and it took me between 13-15 minutes to do it! I would get so down on myself, thinking that I would never be able to run a 10 minute mile! Now I can run that consistently for long distances, but I get down on myself when I can't maintain 9 minute miles for a 5K! I need to just be proud of myself for how far I have come with my running! I will get there! I'm just always in such a competiton with myself! I know I can I can do so much better with my nutrition so I am going to read this b