Skip to main content

Project: Garage 2016 Part 3: Gravel and Concrete

So the garage project continues on!  We’ve had about a week of no workers at our house which has been kinda crazy.  Especially since the weather has been so nice!  But when the materials are not available yet, you have to wait.  It’s been super frustrating since the hubster has been home on vacation and was really hoping to be able to work on the garage, but we’ve been able to get some other projects around the house done so that has been nice.  

IMG_3224.JPG IMG_3225.JPG
Here’s the nice landscaping we did this week around our shed.  It looks amazing!  I am so happy with the outcome of it!

So the tresses for the garage were supposed to be delivered on Friday July 1 and that didn’t happen so we are still waiting on that.  It’s getting a little frustrating with all this waiting going on.  There are so many projects that I can’t start until the garage is completed.  GRRRR!!

But now we have GRAVEL!!  On Wednesday, JUly 6, the concrete company dropped off several loads of gravel.  They leveled out the garage floor and got everything ready to lay the concrete slab.  They worked really hard in the heat pouring the gravel and using a machine to compact it down.  It looked like a lot of work!  I am so glad I didn’t have to do that!  I was a little worried about it with all the rain we received the night before, but they know way more than me so I am going to trust that they have it all under control.  

IMG_3039.JPG  IMG_3043.JPG
It took 3 loads of gravel to get the floor leveled out and nice and smooth.  But doesn’t it look nice!!

Thursday, July 7 the concrete company was supposed to be back to lay the concrete slab but thanks to the weather, that didn’t happen.  Thankfully the weather on Friday was much better.   The concrete company was back and thanks to my MIL and my awesome neighbors I have pictures and videos of the concrete being poured. I am bummed that I missed out on actually being home to see

IMG_3068.JPG IMG_3074.JPG IMG_3079.JPG

On Wednesday July 13, we had another load of gravel brought in and smoothed out in our driveway since there was a huge gap between the cement floor and our existing gravel driveway.  Hubby really wants to cement the whole driveway but our driveway is now huge and is going to cost us quite a bit of money, so that will have to wait for now.  

IMG_3205.JPG IMG_3206.JPG
These are my goofy kids watching the bobcat smooth out the driveway.  Maddie was pretending to be a dog today so she has Marley’s harness on.  She’s such a goof!!

So next week the builders should be at our house all week.  They have apologized profusely for being so late in getting to the building of our garage.  I’m just thankful that progress is going to be made on it next week.  And the kids and I will be home to see it!  Although the temps next week are supposed to be hot so I’ll have to make sure I am checking on the workers and making sure they have enough water.  Temps in the 90’s outside building a garage is nothing to mess around with.  

Until the next installment, have a super weekend everyone!!!

Laura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired Endurance Giveaway

I HAVE SOMETHING SUPER AWESOME TO SHARE!! READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE!!! Several times during the past 3 weeks I have been wearing these 2 awesome bracelets from Inspired Endurance.  It was brought to my attention about 4 weeks ago that they were looking for bloggers to wear their jewelry and write a review about them.  I was honored to be able to do this.  I asked for the 13.1 charm for myself and the run charm to give away.  I have been wearing both to see what it would be like to wear multiple bracelets from them.  I love them!  I love them so much that I am actually going to purchase the 26.2 charm to wear with my 13.1 charm so that I can wear 2 of them all the time!   They are so comfortable to wear that I hardly notice that I have them on!  I am a teacher so I am running around all day working with kids, working the copy machine, and typing on the computer.  Normally dangly bracelets will end up driving me crazy about halfway through the day.  These ones have not bothe

MADISON MARATHON 26.2~I AM A MARATHONER!!!!

OMG!!!!!   I DID IT!!! I RAN A MARATHON!!!  I AM A MARATHONER!!!!  I seriously cannot believe I did it! I am still in shock days later! I completed a marathon!  I didn’t DNF! I wanted to several times towards the end, but thanks to some awesome new running friends, I made it through the entire 26.2 miles!  I feel ridiculously sore, but I am the happiest and proudest I think I have ever been of myself!  I DID IT!!!!   I was so nervous waking up this morning!  I didn’t fully know what to expect since it was my first full, but I have run so many other races that I just used my normal routine to get myself going.  I ate breakfast and got myself dressed, then went on to waking up the rest of my crew.  My awesome Mother-in-law spent the night since we had to be up and going so early.  I wanted to leave the house by 5:45 but we never leave when I want to.  Getting my crew up and going is quite a feat this early in the morning!  We were out the door by 6 so I was happy about that.  I just

I may have a Serious Addiction!!!!

In the past 3 weeks I have ran 41, 45, and 46 miles!! Those are some crazy totals considering I would have been lucky to have a total of 20 miles a week back in October/November of last year! I definitely have my mojo back!! I keep wanting to push myself more and more with my running! My legs are feeling strong and powerful and I love it!! I am super proud of how far I have come with my running.  Back when I started running almost 3 years ago, I had a hard time running a full mile on the treadmill and it took me between 13-15 minutes to do it! I would get so down on myself, thinking that I would never be able to run a 10 minute mile! Now I can run that consistently for long distances, but I get down on myself when I can't maintain 9 minute miles for a 5K! I need to just be proud of myself for how far I have come with my running! I will get there! I'm just always in such a competiton with myself! I know I can I can do so much better with my nutrition so I am going to read this b