Skip to main content

Project: Garage 2016 Part 4: Trusses, roof work, framing, and a new back door

I am so stinking excited about the work that has been done on my garage this week!  I am so incredibly thankful for our builders (Hometown Remodeling, LLC)!  They have put in a lot of work and it has been incredibly hot this week.  I love the sun and I love to lay out in the sun, but even I didn’t want to go out this week!!

Here’s what went down this week:

Monday, July 18, 2016:  The trusses were delivered while the kids and I were at swim lessons.  That was all that we thought was going to happen today.  Luckily the builders finished their other job up early and headed to our house to get started on setting the trusses.  They got about half of them set up before quitting for the day.  

IMG_3250.JPG IMG_3256.JPG

IMG_3257.JPG IMG_3258.JPG

Tuesday, July 19, 2016:  The builders arrived at 8:30 am to start on finishing the trusses, putting the wood down for the roof, and  tar paper to get ready for the shingles.  These 3 guys worked super hard all day.  They didn’t leave until 4:30.  I don’t know how they did it in the heat today.  Brave men, I tell ya!  I am thankful!  Look at how nice my garage looks!!

IMG_3271.JPG IMG_3274.JPG

IMG_3275.JPG IMG_3276.JPG

IMG_3277.JPG

Wednesday, July 20, 2016: There was no work going on today.  The builders were working on another project that needed finishing.

Thursday, July 21, 2016: Today the builders worked on framing out the garage door opening, beginning to put the soffit and fascia on, and were able to get the back side of the roof shingled.  Our builders were even so nice as to build us a step on the inside of the garage so we don’t have to step so far up to get into our house!  They are truly amazingly hard-working men!  

IMG_3317.JPG IMG_3319.JPG

IMG_3316.JPG IMG_3318.JPG

Friday, July 22, 2016: The workers were back today to finish most of the soffit and fascia, some other framing work, and to install our back door.  Doesn’t it look nice?  

IMG_3349.JPG IMG_3350.JPG

IMG_3351.JPG IMG_3348.JPG
We put the Rogue in the garage for the first time!!  It was so exciting!!

IMG_3347.JPG

The kids and I didn’t see much of the work today as we went to the library and then to the Fort Atkinson pool for the afternoon.  It has been blazing hot this week and the kids and I both needed to cool off!  We had a great time.  

IMG_3328.JPG IMG_3329.JPG
Snack time at the pool!  I was having so much fun swimming and hanging out with these two awesome kids that these are the only pictures I took!  

Siding is supposed to be delivered tomorrow (Monday 7-25)!  The workers will be back on Tuesday.  I am so excited to have the project moving along.  Soon I will be complaining about all the work I have to do organizing the garage  and the attic!!!  Those projects are going to be interesting for sure!!

Until then, Stay hydrated!  It’s hot out there!!

Laura




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired Endurance Giveaway

I HAVE SOMETHING SUPER AWESOME TO SHARE!! READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE!!! Several times during the past 3 weeks I have been wearing these 2 awesome bracelets from Inspired Endurance.  It was brought to my attention about 4 weeks ago that they were looking for bloggers to wear their jewelry and write a review about them.  I was honored to be able to do this.  I asked for the 13.1 charm for myself and the run charm to give away.  I have been wearing both to see what it would be like to wear multiple bracelets from them.  I love them!  I love them so much that I am actually going to purchase the 26.2 charm to wear with my 13.1 charm so that I can wear 2 of them all the time!   They are so comfortable to wear that I hardly notice that I have them on!  I am a teacher so I am running around all day working with kids, working the copy machine, and typing on the computer.  Normally dangly bracelets will end up driving me crazy about halfway through the day.  These ones have not bothe

MADISON MARATHON 26.2~I AM A MARATHONER!!!!

OMG!!!!!   I DID IT!!! I RAN A MARATHON!!!  I AM A MARATHONER!!!!  I seriously cannot believe I did it! I am still in shock days later! I completed a marathon!  I didn’t DNF! I wanted to several times towards the end, but thanks to some awesome new running friends, I made it through the entire 26.2 miles!  I feel ridiculously sore, but I am the happiest and proudest I think I have ever been of myself!  I DID IT!!!!   I was so nervous waking up this morning!  I didn’t fully know what to expect since it was my first full, but I have run so many other races that I just used my normal routine to get myself going.  I ate breakfast and got myself dressed, then went on to waking up the rest of my crew.  My awesome Mother-in-law spent the night since we had to be up and going so early.  I wanted to leave the house by 5:45 but we never leave when I want to.  Getting my crew up and going is quite a feat this early in the morning!  We were out the door by 6 so I was happy about that.  I just

I may have a Serious Addiction!!!!

In the past 3 weeks I have ran 41, 45, and 46 miles!! Those are some crazy totals considering I would have been lucky to have a total of 20 miles a week back in October/November of last year! I definitely have my mojo back!! I keep wanting to push myself more and more with my running! My legs are feeling strong and powerful and I love it!! I am super proud of how far I have come with my running.  Back when I started running almost 3 years ago, I had a hard time running a full mile on the treadmill and it took me between 13-15 minutes to do it! I would get so down on myself, thinking that I would never be able to run a 10 minute mile! Now I can run that consistently for long distances, but I get down on myself when I can't maintain 9 minute miles for a 5K! I need to just be proud of myself for how far I have come with my running! I will get there! I'm just always in such a competiton with myself! I know I can I can do so much better with my nutrition so I am going to read this b