Skip to main content

Run to the Rescue 2015

Saturday May 16, 2015 I ran in the Run to the Rescue 10k. This race benefits the Friends of Noah, WI foundation that supports animal rescue, rehabilitation, and adoptions. It's a pretty awesome organization!

This was my second time running in this race. I love that it's close to home and we don't have to drive very far.  I actually got to run along country roads that I have run many times before.

Since I haven't been racing too much this spring, I was really ready to head out when we got there, especially since it was raining!  We brought the dogs with like we did last year and my parents met us there.



It was raining pretty good  when we got there so we had to use our umbrellas for a little bit! My mom always helps out.  She usually grabs Bosco because he is her favorite!  I don't blame her!  He's my favorite too!  


They all waited for me by the start/finish line as they usually do.  The photographers also loved Marley, our French Bulldog.  Not many people have a Frenchie around here and he's pretty good looking, so he's the talk of the town where ever we go.  He is pretty cute, even if he is a pain in the butt sometimes.

Anyway, I started the race a little behind everyone else because I had to help untangle the dogs and make sure the kids were behaving.  I also had to set my watch and my phone app.  However, once I did get started I feel right into a very quick pace.  I am terrible at races and always start out too fast.  I should know better after almost 3 years of racing.  Sadly, I still do the same thing.  It's gotten much better though, and I don't have to slow down too much to keep pace.  I was actually pleasantly surprised that I was able to keep such a face pace throughout the race considering there were many rolling country hills.  I averaged a 10:05 pace throughout the race!  That's pretty fast for me for this distance.  I ended up with a PR of 1:02:45!!  This is my fastest time for 6.2 miles!  Very proud and excited to have achieved this!  Now if I can break an hour, I would be absolutely giddy!!


 I had so much fun along this race!  The rain ended up stopping and it stayed overcast so the temperature didn't rise too much.  It was pretty darn humid though.  I had my bangs down to begin the race and ended up clipping them up later on. Thank goodness I had the sense to bring a hair clip with me!  So thankful for that!

I have to say that these race photos are some of my favorites!  I love that I have a huge smile on my face!  This is just validation of all my hard work!  I truly love to run and this shows it!  It also proves to me that hard work and the proper training really do pay off.  I know that if I were able to get my eating better under control and not give in to my cravings for junk food as much, I would be even faster.  I know my body craves clean, healthy, nutritious food!  And it is really good once I begin to eat it!  It's just that peanut butter and graham crackers usually get the best of me before I can make anything healthy!  Basically, I need to plan ahead better so that I know exactly what I am going to eat after a race or a long run!  I'm really going to need to get this figured out when I start marathon training in August!  Those long runs are going to leave me hungry!

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble so, I'll wrap this up.



I love these pictures of my kids, both 2-legged and 4-legged, as we were waiting for the race awards.  I thought with my time I would have placed, but no such luck this year.  I just know what I have to work towards for next year!  I'll be even faster with all my cross training after my marathon!  I hope anyway!

Overall, this was a really fun race, as usual!  I hope that next year the rain holds off and there are more attractions like the previous year for the dogs.  We were really looking forward to the vendors and the lure course.  No such luck this year.  It may have been due to the weather, but no one really mentioned why.  Oh well!  It was still a good day!

Until the next report, Run on my Running Friends!!


Laura 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired Endurance Giveaway

I HAVE SOMETHING SUPER AWESOME TO SHARE!! READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE!!! Several times during the past 3 weeks I have been wearing these 2 awesome bracelets from Inspired Endurance.  It was brought to my attention about 4 weeks ago that they were looking for bloggers to wear their jewelry and write a review about them.  I was honored to be able to do this.  I asked for the 13.1 charm for myself and the run charm to give away.  I have been wearing both to see what it would be like to wear multiple bracelets from them.  I love them!  I love them so much that I am actually going to purchase the 26.2 charm to wear with my 13.1 charm so that I can wear 2 of them all the time!   They are so comfortable to wear that I hardly notice that I have them on!  I am a teacher so I am running around all day working with kids, working the copy machine, and typing on the computer.  Normally dangly bracelets will end up driving me crazy about halfway through the day.  These ones have not bothe

MADISON MARATHON 26.2~I AM A MARATHONER!!!!

OMG!!!!!   I DID IT!!! I RAN A MARATHON!!!  I AM A MARATHONER!!!!  I seriously cannot believe I did it! I am still in shock days later! I completed a marathon!  I didn’t DNF! I wanted to several times towards the end, but thanks to some awesome new running friends, I made it through the entire 26.2 miles!  I feel ridiculously sore, but I am the happiest and proudest I think I have ever been of myself!  I DID IT!!!!   I was so nervous waking up this morning!  I didn’t fully know what to expect since it was my first full, but I have run so many other races that I just used my normal routine to get myself going.  I ate breakfast and got myself dressed, then went on to waking up the rest of my crew.  My awesome Mother-in-law spent the night since we had to be up and going so early.  I wanted to leave the house by 5:45 but we never leave when I want to.  Getting my crew up and going is quite a feat this early in the morning!  We were out the door by 6 so I was happy about that.  I just

I may have a Serious Addiction!!!!

In the past 3 weeks I have ran 41, 45, and 46 miles!! Those are some crazy totals considering I would have been lucky to have a total of 20 miles a week back in October/November of last year! I definitely have my mojo back!! I keep wanting to push myself more and more with my running! My legs are feeling strong and powerful and I love it!! I am super proud of how far I have come with my running.  Back when I started running almost 3 years ago, I had a hard time running a full mile on the treadmill and it took me between 13-15 minutes to do it! I would get so down on myself, thinking that I would never be able to run a 10 minute mile! Now I can run that consistently for long distances, but I get down on myself when I can't maintain 9 minute miles for a 5K! I need to just be proud of myself for how far I have come with my running! I will get there! I'm just always in such a competiton with myself! I know I can I can do so much better with my nutrition so I am going to read this b