Skip to main content

My Story

Good Morning everyone!  This morning I would like to share my fitness/running story.  To begin with, here is a little background information about myself.

I am a wife and mother of 2 beautiful kiddos.  I have been married to my best friend and biggest supporter for 7 years, Jason.  Together we have Madeline, 4, and Elijah, 3.  We also have our puppy babies: Bosco, Mugsy, and Marley.  We all enjoy spending time outdoors fishing, camping, talking walks and bike rides.  We are a family striving to be happy, healthy, and active.

Now to my huge realization.  After having my 2 wonderful children, I was overweight and extremely unhappy.  I was trying to lose weight, but the commitment wasn't there and I need some help and inspiration.  I began a discussion with a very good friend and former colleague of mine about weight loss since she had lost quite a bit of weight herself.  After these discussions, I was motivated and inspired to start my own journey.  So on July 15, 2011 I took charge of my life.  My first step was to give up soda.  I got rid of it, totally cold turkey and I haven't missed it since.  I also began to workout.  Now this was a struggle to begin with.  Being a mother of 2, it was so hard to find time to exercise and, I don't know about you, but I love my sleep.  My friend and I had had the discussion of time and the best time for her was early in the morning before her daughter woke up.  Now those of you that know me, know that I am NOT a morning person, and to get up early in the morning to do something that I initially did not want to do was a super huge challenge for me.  Luckily, I had made this lifestyle change over summer vacation ( I am a teacher), so I had some time to get myself used to it.  By the time school began in the fall, my morning routine of getting up early to work out was a habit, like brushing my teeth. 

Since that time I have lost 60 pounds.  I began using Tae Bo videos that I had used when I was in college to get back into working out.  These helped me to feel comfortable with working out because I had already done them before.  Then Billy Blank released his program Tae Bo PT 24/7 and I begged the hubs for it.  I used that program for almost a year, but had reached a plateau in March of 2012 that was really frustrating.  It was on March 17, 2012 that I decided to add running into the mix.  We had purchased a treadmill previously, but it really wasn't getting much use.  Since I live in Wisconsin, beginning to run outside in March was so not appealing.  So treadmill it was.  I will blog more about the running aspect of my routine later, but it was this push to run that really helped to recharge my weight loss.  Since running and Tae Bo, I have enjoyed the changes in my body.  However, having done Tae Bo for so long, I was no longer seeing the changes that I desired.  A friend of mine, is a Beachbody Coach, and I had been curious about P90X for awhile, so she agreed to order it for me.  I love, love, love P90X!!!  I have been using this program since November 2012 and I am finally seeing the results that I want to see.  I have more muscle tone and definition in my arms and legs.  I love my shoulders!! 

I am still a work in progress and I struggle almost daily with clean eating (my next big step on my journey), but I feel so much better than I ever have before.  I have so many plans in the making now for my life.  Goals and plans that I never thought I would have in my entire life.  I am currently training for a 10K with plans for a half and full marathon before I seriously begin training for Boston.  I am so thankful for the support of my family who have dealt with my ups and downs on this journey so far.  We have become even closer to each other as we strive to be the best we can be every day. 

So I am hear to be a listening ear, to motivate and inspire, and to share my journey with others.  I want you to know that you can do anything you put your mind to and if you struggle like I do, come and tell us about it.  I had so many people help to inspire me and motivate me when I was down or felt like I couldn't do it, so I want to return the favor.  Join me please!  Let's do this together!  Love to all of you!  And remember YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired Endurance Giveaway

I HAVE SOMETHING SUPER AWESOME TO SHARE!! READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE!!! Several times during the past 3 weeks I have been wearing these 2 awesome bracelets from Inspired Endurance.  It was brought to my attention about 4 weeks ago that they were looking for bloggers to wear their jewelry and write a review about them.  I was honored to be able to do this.  I asked for the 13.1 charm for myself and the run charm to give away.  I have been wearing both to see what it would be like to wear multiple bracelets from them.  I love them!  I love them so much that I am actually going to purchase the 26.2 charm to wear with my 13.1 charm so that I can wear 2 of them all the time!   They are so comfortable to wear that I hardly notice that I have them on!  I am a teacher so I am running around all day working with kids, working the copy machine, and typing on the computer.  Normally dangly bracelets will end up driving me crazy about halfway through the day.  These ones have not bothe

MADISON MARATHON 26.2~I AM A MARATHONER!!!!

OMG!!!!!   I DID IT!!! I RAN A MARATHON!!!  I AM A MARATHONER!!!!  I seriously cannot believe I did it! I am still in shock days later! I completed a marathon!  I didn’t DNF! I wanted to several times towards the end, but thanks to some awesome new running friends, I made it through the entire 26.2 miles!  I feel ridiculously sore, but I am the happiest and proudest I think I have ever been of myself!  I DID IT!!!!   I was so nervous waking up this morning!  I didn’t fully know what to expect since it was my first full, but I have run so many other races that I just used my normal routine to get myself going.  I ate breakfast and got myself dressed, then went on to waking up the rest of my crew.  My awesome Mother-in-law spent the night since we had to be up and going so early.  I wanted to leave the house by 5:45 but we never leave when I want to.  Getting my crew up and going is quite a feat this early in the morning!  We were out the door by 6 so I was happy about that.  I just

I may have a Serious Addiction!!!!

In the past 3 weeks I have ran 41, 45, and 46 miles!! Those are some crazy totals considering I would have been lucky to have a total of 20 miles a week back in October/November of last year! I definitely have my mojo back!! I keep wanting to push myself more and more with my running! My legs are feeling strong and powerful and I love it!! I am super proud of how far I have come with my running.  Back when I started running almost 3 years ago, I had a hard time running a full mile on the treadmill and it took me between 13-15 minutes to do it! I would get so down on myself, thinking that I would never be able to run a 10 minute mile! Now I can run that consistently for long distances, but I get down on myself when I can't maintain 9 minute miles for a 5K! I need to just be proud of myself for how far I have come with my running! I will get there! I'm just always in such a competiton with myself! I know I can I can do so much better with my nutrition so I am going to read this b