Skip to main content

Day 4 Post Marathon: I'm starting to feel better!!!!!

So the past 2 days have been up and down once again. It's amazing what not being able to do what you love to do has an affect on everything else in your life!

Wednesday 11-11
So this morning I was feeling really good!  I woke up and wasn’t as sore as previous days.  So I decided I would try to run a little bit.  I walked to start and was still feeling good. So I tried to run a little bit, very slow and not very far.  BOY did that HURT!  My thighs are just not ready for that movement quite yet!  I managed to run / walk or I affectionately call it WOG for a mile.  It was painful so I decided to stop at a mile and walk for the remainder of my time.  I am still very bummed that I can’t run yet!  I feel like I should be able to run so much and so far!  I ran a marathon for goodness sakes!  I can run forever usually and feel so good about it.  It’s just very humbling to say the least.  One thing I have learned about myself so far this week is that I am a true runner.  I love it so much and miss it so much that I almost had a break down talking about running at Culver’s tonight with my daughter’s teacher!  I am a runner!  It is who I am!  It doesn’t define me completely, but it totally enhances my life!  I told my husband too that this is why I am so crabby lately.  I need to run.  If I don’t this is what happens.  I start to freak out about everything!  It’s going to get better!  I just have to keep telling myself that.  
IMG_9750.JPG


Thursday 11-12
Today I woke up with a migraine.  It sucks.  It was a pretty decent one too.  I should have known I would get a migraine since the weather was changing last night with storms blowing through the area AND I was crunching numbers all day for our data retreat at school.  It sucks for sure, but the migraine and knowing how my attempt at running went yesterday, I opted for walking this morning.  It was really windy too, so I was thankful to be all bundled up with gloves on.  I was trucking along pretty good but I was still surprised when my watch vibrated to see that my mile time was 18 minutes and change.  My previous mile times walking were in the 20s.  It was definitely nice to see that I was able to move faster.  I was able to walk 3 miles in a little under an hour!  Granted I can normally run 3 miles in a little over a half hour but this is definite improvement from the beginning of the week!  I am happy about that.  I know I need to take care of my body instead of trying to push myself right now. I need to just relax and take it slow.  There is no need to fret about making my miles or anything like that.  I WILL get back to it, but it will be when my body is ready.  I am feeling surprisingly good today.  AND I was even able to go down the stairs at work without cringing!!  That is a good sign!  I am hoping to try running again tomorrow morning, but if it doesn’t feel right then I’m ok with just walking again.  It does get better every day!  

IMG_9752.JPG


Until next time, Run on, my friends!!
And always remember:
316.JPG

Laura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired Endurance Giveaway

I HAVE SOMETHING SUPER AWESOME TO SHARE!! READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE!!! Several times during the past 3 weeks I have been wearing these 2 awesome bracelets from Inspired Endurance.  It was brought to my attention about 4 weeks ago that they were looking for bloggers to wear their jewelry and write a review about them.  I was honored to be able to do this.  I asked for the 13.1 charm for myself and the run charm to give away.  I have been wearing both to see what it would be like to wear multiple bracelets from them.  I love them!  I love them so much that I am actually going to purchase the 26.2 charm to wear with my 13.1 charm so that I can wear 2 of them all the time!   They are so comfortable to wear that I hardly notice that I have them on!  I am a teacher so I am running around all day working with kids, working the copy machine, and typing on the computer.  Normally dangly bracelets will end up driving me crazy about halfway through the day.  These ones have not bothe

MADISON MARATHON 26.2~I AM A MARATHONER!!!!

OMG!!!!!   I DID IT!!! I RAN A MARATHON!!!  I AM A MARATHONER!!!!  I seriously cannot believe I did it! I am still in shock days later! I completed a marathon!  I didn’t DNF! I wanted to several times towards the end, but thanks to some awesome new running friends, I made it through the entire 26.2 miles!  I feel ridiculously sore, but I am the happiest and proudest I think I have ever been of myself!  I DID IT!!!!   I was so nervous waking up this morning!  I didn’t fully know what to expect since it was my first full, but I have run so many other races that I just used my normal routine to get myself going.  I ate breakfast and got myself dressed, then went on to waking up the rest of my crew.  My awesome Mother-in-law spent the night since we had to be up and going so early.  I wanted to leave the house by 5:45 but we never leave when I want to.  Getting my crew up and going is quite a feat this early in the morning!  We were out the door by 6 so I was happy about that.  I just

I may have a Serious Addiction!!!!

In the past 3 weeks I have ran 41, 45, and 46 miles!! Those are some crazy totals considering I would have been lucky to have a total of 20 miles a week back in October/November of last year! I definitely have my mojo back!! I keep wanting to push myself more and more with my running! My legs are feeling strong and powerful and I love it!! I am super proud of how far I have come with my running.  Back when I started running almost 3 years ago, I had a hard time running a full mile on the treadmill and it took me between 13-15 minutes to do it! I would get so down on myself, thinking that I would never be able to run a 10 minute mile! Now I can run that consistently for long distances, but I get down on myself when I can't maintain 9 minute miles for a 5K! I need to just be proud of myself for how far I have come with my running! I will get there! I'm just always in such a competiton with myself! I know I can I can do so much better with my nutrition so I am going to read this b