Skip to main content

Final Marathon Training Week!!!! EEKK!!!

Marathon Training Week 18!!  The ups and downs of the week before a Marathon!!

Sunday 11-1-15
I wasn’t supposed to run today.  But that darn Halloween candy got me last night.  Not really, but I did indulge a little bit.  It was worth it after all that walking with my super cute kiddos.  Actually I just wanted to get out in the sunshine and run.  It felt so good to run in the sun!  I felt so much better after it also.  I have a headache today but that wasn’t going to stop me.  Plus I made my goal of running 1750 miles for the year already!!  I am so excited about that!  The 6 miles I ran this morning pushed me to my goal.  I am so excited that I am hoping to make it to either 2000 miles or 2015 miles for the year.  I think I can do it, but I also don’t want to injure myself.  If I have it figured out right, I only have to run about 27-30 miles a week to be able to make it that far.  I totally should be able to do that, especially with my marathon being next week!  I can’t believe next Sunday I will be running 26.2 miles!  It’s going to be amazing!!  I can’t wait.  I’m spending the rest of the day watching football and hanging with the family!
IMG_9636.JPG

I did also get my core workout in tonight.  I did 250 ball sit ups, supermans, glute bridges, and metronomes.  I held the last 4 moves for a count of 50 four times.  I am not using any kind of weight this week as I don’t want to put too much added stress on my body.  

Monday 11-2-15
So today I did Piyo round 37.  It’s been a long time since I’ve done this routine in its entirety.  It actually felt really good on my sore muscles.  The stretching was just what I needed.  Plus I always get a good sweat going when I do Piyo!  I’m always dripping buckets before I’m halfway through it.  Again, I’m trying not to put too much added stress on my body, but you know me, I have to do something.  This was perfect though.  I’m still silently freaking out about not running as much and eating too much.  I’m hoping to keep it under control, but there is so much Halloween candy at my house!  
IMG_9645.JPG
Maddie and I ran 1 mile around our block tonight also.  It was fun!  The weather was beautiful!  However, I really need to tape up my foot tonight!  My PF is not happy right now and I need it to be better for Sunday!  I will be taping up that day for sure!  

IMG_9647.JPG

I did manage to squeeze in my core workout as well.  Ball sit ups, supermans, glute bridges, and metronomes!  Feeling strong in my core and ready to run, run, run!!!


Tuesday 11-3-15
My 4 mile run this morning was an interesting one.  I had to outrun 2 trains this morning which led to some sprints, but other than that I tried to take it as easy as possible.  We all know this is very hard for me!  However, I am actually sore from PiYo yesterday.  That was moving in ways my body is not used to and stretching muscles that haven’t been stretched as good as they should be.  So slowing down and taking it easy felt really good.  It was weird getting going at the same time I usually do and being back home so early.  I got a lot more stuff done this morning than I would normally.  I had time to relax and drink more coffee! I’m going to take full advantage of this right now, since we all know this taking it easy, won’t last too long for me!

IMG_9651.JPG

I had a meeting at work late and then I met my hubby and kiddos at Subway for sandwich day.  So I ended up not getting to my core workout or anything extra.  It felt good to actually rest a bit and hang out with my awesome family!

Wednesday 11-4-15
Today’s 4 mile run was a tough one!  Not physically, but mentally!  The little voice in my head kept telling me that I can’t run 26 miles in a few days; that I am stupid for signing up for this; that I’ll never make it; etc. etc.   It was very hard to turn that voice off this morning! My legs and everything felt good and after about 2 miles, I felt like I could run forever, like I normally do.  It was just that darn inner voice giving me self-doubts.  I know I need to tune it out and that I’ll be just fine.  I just keep going back and forth between being super excited about the race and feeling ridiculously nervous.  I know I will be just fine and that walking is OK.  I think I just really need for race day to be here and then I can start running and I will have fun and cross that finish line to earn my medal!  I can’t wait to see my family cheering for me at the finish line!  My whole family will be there!!  My husband and kids, my mother-in-law, and my parents!  It is going to be so special!!

IMG_9654.JPG

After work, I did a 1 mile run with Mads around the block so we can get ready for our Santa Hustle in December.  Today she really didn’t want to run with me, but I finally got her out the door. I know she’s only 7 and I know we are just “training” for a fun 5K, but I want her to see the importance in setting a goal and taking the necessary steps to reach that goal.  Sometimes I think I am pushing her too hard, and I guess it’s because I really like that she wants to run with me and we have fun doing it together.  I also want to show her the importance of a healthy lifestyle.  She’s still young, so I still have time to mold her a bit!  LOL

I did my Core workout while watching the CMA Awards.  That was a mistake.  I lost track of counting my reps and holds so many times, that I just gave up on counting and did reps and holds until I could really feel the burn.  I will not be doing that again.  However, I do think that I actually did a lot more than what I had originally planned on doing because of it.  

Thursday 11-5-15
Today’s 4 mile run was so much better than yesterday.  Same pace, same route, same early morning, but I felt better about it.  My heart and soul felt ready to run and ready to RACE! Today there was nothing negative in my mind about my race.  I am super excited about it today!!  I literally cannot wait to pick up my packet, get my bib, get everything set out, and RACE!  I cannot wait to get on the course!  It’s going to be a beautiful day on Sunday!  I really have come like full circle today!  Now watch as tomorrow I felt totally defeated.  Hopefully that doesn’t happen!!
IMG_9668.JPG
I did a little bit of core work tonight, but I didn’t want to do too much for my lower body since I am really supposed to be resting before Sunday!  So I just did some ball sits ups while I was watching the football game with my family.  I think I ended up doing about 300, so really I know I should be doing something else to work my abs, but for today I’m ok with it.

Friday 11-6-15
I am so super excited for today!!!  I am going to get my packet with my kiddos after work today!!!   I can barely contain myself!!  Literally I could hardly relax during PiYo this morning.  It was a really good workout, I just had a hard time flowing through the moves and stretching out because I’m so excited!!  I was completely drenched in sweat as I usually am with PiYo so that was a good thing.  Plus I feel accomplished!  That is really what matters for me in the morning for my workouts.  I want to feel like I accomplished something and I know that my body will thank me because of it.  I just can’t believe how good I feel about this race and how excited I am about it!  This is going to be such an accomplishment for me.  I’m ready!  

IMG_9672.JPG

My hubby didn’t have to work late tonight so we all went to packet pick-up and then on to Pizza Ranch for dinner.  My MIL has not been there yet and she loved it!  It was a wonderful evening with family.  
IMG_9677.JPG
I love the words packet pick-up!!  The expo was great also!!

IMG_9689.JPG

I purchased the grey shirt, hat, and 26.2 sticker.  I received all the rest because I am doing the Conquer the Capital Challenge.  It included running the Twilight 10K and Half Marathon in May and then the Full Marathon on Sunday!  I love the half-zip shirt I got because of it!  I am in love with this haul!  I also will be getting 2 medals on Sunday!!!  I seriously cannot wait!!!

Saturday 11-7-15
I did my 2 mile run shake out run this morning before we started our day.   It was a really nice little run.  But seriously felt like nothing. I don’t feel like I accomplished much today, but I know I will need all that pent up energy to run 26.2 miles tomorrow!!  I am still so stinking excited!!  I don’t think I have ever been this excited about a race!!!  

IMG_9680.JPG

Here’s Flat Laura for tomorrow.  I haven’t decided if I’m going with the Steeler sleeves or My Happy Pace ones.  My Steelers play tomorrow and really need a win!!  I’m also going to be wearing my black and yellow KT tape for my PF.  What do you think??

IMG_9688.JPG

The rest of the day will be spent resting and preparing for tomorrow!!  I don’t plan on doing much tomorrow after my race besides resting and Blogging about it!!  Be prepared!!  It’ll be a good one!!  


Until next time, Run on, my friends!!
And always remember:
316.JPG

Laura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired Endurance Giveaway

I HAVE SOMETHING SUPER AWESOME TO SHARE!! READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE!!! Several times during the past 3 weeks I have been wearing these 2 awesome bracelets from Inspired Endurance.  It was brought to my attention about 4 weeks ago that they were looking for bloggers to wear their jewelry and write a review about them.  I was honored to be able to do this.  I asked for the 13.1 charm for myself and the run charm to give away.  I have been wearing both to see what it would be like to wear multiple bracelets from them.  I love them!  I love them so much that I am actually going to purchase the 26.2 charm to wear with my 13.1 charm so that I can wear 2 of them all the time!   They are so comfortable to wear that I hardly notice that I have them on!  I am a teacher so I am running around all day working with kids, working the copy machine, and typing on the computer.  Normally dangly bracelets will end up driving me crazy about halfway through the day.  These ones have not bothe

MADISON MARATHON 26.2~I AM A MARATHONER!!!!

OMG!!!!!   I DID IT!!! I RAN A MARATHON!!!  I AM A MARATHONER!!!!  I seriously cannot believe I did it! I am still in shock days later! I completed a marathon!  I didn’t DNF! I wanted to several times towards the end, but thanks to some awesome new running friends, I made it through the entire 26.2 miles!  I feel ridiculously sore, but I am the happiest and proudest I think I have ever been of myself!  I DID IT!!!!   I was so nervous waking up this morning!  I didn’t fully know what to expect since it was my first full, but I have run so many other races that I just used my normal routine to get myself going.  I ate breakfast and got myself dressed, then went on to waking up the rest of my crew.  My awesome Mother-in-law spent the night since we had to be up and going so early.  I wanted to leave the house by 5:45 but we never leave when I want to.  Getting my crew up and going is quite a feat this early in the morning!  We were out the door by 6 so I was happy about that.  I just

I may have a Serious Addiction!!!!

In the past 3 weeks I have ran 41, 45, and 46 miles!! Those are some crazy totals considering I would have been lucky to have a total of 20 miles a week back in October/November of last year! I definitely have my mojo back!! I keep wanting to push myself more and more with my running! My legs are feeling strong and powerful and I love it!! I am super proud of how far I have come with my running.  Back when I started running almost 3 years ago, I had a hard time running a full mile on the treadmill and it took me between 13-15 minutes to do it! I would get so down on myself, thinking that I would never be able to run a 10 minute mile! Now I can run that consistently for long distances, but I get down on myself when I can't maintain 9 minute miles for a 5K! I need to just be proud of myself for how far I have come with my running! I will get there! I'm just always in such a competiton with myself! I know I can I can do so much better with my nutrition so I am going to read this b