Skip to main content

Feeling Better and Getting it Done!!

I am so thankful that I am finally feeling better! I still have a cough and some congestion, but overall, I feel a ton better than I did last week at this time! I've had more energy for my workouts and runs, plus Maddie and I are running our first 5K together!!! I can hardly wait!!

Tuesday 12-1
I am so in love with running just for fun!  It was amazing to get out there this morning and just run!  I loved not having to reach a certain mileage number because of a training plan and then feeling horrible because I didn’t reach it.  I set out for 6 miles and knew that I could change it at any point and not feel like a failure or that my training was going to suffer because of it.  These are the runs I enjoy the most.  It was a leisurely pace and I had so much fun through all of it.  There were a couple times that I thought maybe I wouldn’t make it 6 miles and I felt a little disappointed about saying that, but I knew that it wasn’t that big of a deal.  I made it my 6 miles and loved every second of it!  It’s not that I don’t like goals, because I do and I have one set for mileage by the end of the year.  However, I am learning that it is the pressure that I place on myself that is keeping me from enjoying my runs anymore and causing me to lose motivation for my weekend runs.  I need to just relax and enjoy these winter runs before I have to start training again in mid January. I am such an over-trainer and over-analyzer.  But for now I am going to relax, not think about the numbers, and just enjoy the pure and awesome joy that is running!!

IMG_0026.PNG
After having a meeting after school and getting everyone fed, ready for the next day, and the kitchen cleaned, I was finally able to get to my core/glute workout. I did some ball situps, leg lifts, glute bridges, single leg glute bridges, donkey kicks, and fire hydrants.   My booty is on fire!!!   Love it!!  

Wednesday 12-2
IT’S LEG DAY!!!!  I love love love leg day!  It makes me feel like a beast, like a super woman, like I can do anything, when I work my leg muscles.  I am super proud of my legs in general because of how they have developed from all my running, but it makes me super proud to see my muscles developing even more from the lunges, squat, deadlifts, and calf raises I have been doing.  I know that by strengthening these muscles I will become a stronger runner.  It is going to improve my running performance next season and it is also going to help me drop a few pounds and tone up.  Your leg muscles are your largest muscles so working them burns more calories than working the other muscle groups.  I love that!  

IMG_0038.JPG

Thursday 12-3
Another early morning, chilly 10k.  This time I was a little too lax about my pace and almost didn’t make it home in time!  I was just out to enjoy myself and not worry about my pace or time.  I guess I need to pay more attention during the week at least!  It’s so hard when I just want to enjoy my runs while I can before training starts again.  I also know I need to wake up a few minutes earlier than I have been.  It’s so hard when the bed is nice and warm and it’s below freezing outside.  I’ve just got to do it.  I was so motivated in September waking up super early.  I have to get over the cold temps and just do it, like Nike!  

IMG_0050.JPG
Friday 12-4
WOW!!!  I haven’t done this workout in a while!!  P90X Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps, plus some Legs!!  Boy are my arms and chest feeling it!!  It’s been months and months since I worked this muscle group.  I am happy that I was able to complete it and I know it will be good for me and my running.  I am starting to feel stronger already! Plus with the temps being in the 20’s when I get up in the morning, I would rather stay inside then head outside to run!  I love it, but it is so much easier to hit up my basement!   I’ll have to post some before pictures so I can track my muscle growth!  I can feel my arms are a little less gooey feeling than they were last week!  That’s a good sign.  I am still not lifting as heavy as I was about a month ago, but I want to build it back up slowly  and not tear my muscles too badly! I’ll get there for sure!  I may even have to buy heavier weights again!  


IMG_0055.JPG
We’re heading to Milwaukee tonight for PACKET PICKUP for the SANTA HUSTLE!!!!  I am so excited to be running this with Maddie!  We are going to have so much fun!  There will be lots of pictures posted tonight and tomorrow so be prepared!!!   


Until next time, Run on, my friends!!
And always remember:
316.JPG

Laura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired Endurance Giveaway

I HAVE SOMETHING SUPER AWESOME TO SHARE!! READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE!!! Several times during the past 3 weeks I have been wearing these 2 awesome bracelets from Inspired Endurance.  It was brought to my attention about 4 weeks ago that they were looking for bloggers to wear their jewelry and write a review about them.  I was honored to be able to do this.  I asked for the 13.1 charm for myself and the run charm to give away.  I have been wearing both to see what it would be like to wear multiple bracelets from them.  I love them!  I love them so much that I am actually going to purchase the 26.2 charm to wear with my 13.1 charm so that I can wear 2 of them all the time!   They are so comfortable to wear that I hardly notice that I have them on!  I am a teacher so I am running around all day working with kids, working the copy machine, and typing on the computer.  Normally dangly bracelets will end up driving me crazy about halfway through the day.  These ones have not bothe

MADISON MARATHON 26.2~I AM A MARATHONER!!!!

OMG!!!!!   I DID IT!!! I RAN A MARATHON!!!  I AM A MARATHONER!!!!  I seriously cannot believe I did it! I am still in shock days later! I completed a marathon!  I didn’t DNF! I wanted to several times towards the end, but thanks to some awesome new running friends, I made it through the entire 26.2 miles!  I feel ridiculously sore, but I am the happiest and proudest I think I have ever been of myself!  I DID IT!!!!   I was so nervous waking up this morning!  I didn’t fully know what to expect since it was my first full, but I have run so many other races that I just used my normal routine to get myself going.  I ate breakfast and got myself dressed, then went on to waking up the rest of my crew.  My awesome Mother-in-law spent the night since we had to be up and going so early.  I wanted to leave the house by 5:45 but we never leave when I want to.  Getting my crew up and going is quite a feat this early in the morning!  We were out the door by 6 so I was happy about that.  I just

I may have a Serious Addiction!!!!

In the past 3 weeks I have ran 41, 45, and 46 miles!! Those are some crazy totals considering I would have been lucky to have a total of 20 miles a week back in October/November of last year! I definitely have my mojo back!! I keep wanting to push myself more and more with my running! My legs are feeling strong and powerful and I love it!! I am super proud of how far I have come with my running.  Back when I started running almost 3 years ago, I had a hard time running a full mile on the treadmill and it took me between 13-15 minutes to do it! I would get so down on myself, thinking that I would never be able to run a 10 minute mile! Now I can run that consistently for long distances, but I get down on myself when I can't maintain 9 minute miles for a 5K! I need to just be proud of myself for how far I have come with my running! I will get there! I'm just always in such a competiton with myself! I know I can I can do so much better with my nutrition so I am going to read this b