Skip to main content

Garmin Vivoactive Review

So I have been running with my Garmin Vivoactive watch since September.  My husband let me use my Birthday and Christmas money to order it early since my Nike+ had been giving me issues for some time and I knew that the battery wasn’t going to last for my whole marathon.  After a little convincing, he let me order it.  

So on Friday, September 11, 2015, my Garmin Vivoactive came in the mail!!   

IMG_9235.JPG

I have been running with a Nike+ Sport watch for over 2 years.  I loved my Nike for quite awhile.  It was everything I needed for running, plus if it failed I had my Runkeeper app to back me up.  Actually I used to run with both until I started running longer distances and the app would make my phone die.  This proved to be a problem when my phone died during a half marathon and my family didn’t see me cross the finish line.  It took us about 20 minutes to find each other and my hubby was freaking out that something had happened to me.  That’s when I knew I had to at least ditch the app.

My Nike got me through my early long runs and some half marathons.  I am thankful for the time we spent together.  I loved my Nike!  I also loved my Garmin Vivofit that the hubby and I both got in February.  I loved being able to see my steps even if my miles never matched the distance I had run.  I never did figure that out.  Well, it doesn’t matter now.  My Vivoactive tracks my running, steps, sleep, treadmill running, and weightlifting.  It will even track my swimming, biking,  and golf game if I want it to.   It’s a pretty awesome watch!  I am so in love with it.  I don’t think I will ever get another running watch or a watch in general for that matter.  It comes in white or black.  I got the black one since I knew I would be wearing it all day long all the time.  I know how white can get dirty right away so black was the way to go.  I can get different color watch bands but I haven’t decided if that is something that I want to do yet or not.  They are not as easy to change as the vivofit bands.  Maybe one day.  Amazon does have a red one that I would like since red is my favorite color.  

I have worn my watch religiously since getting it in September.  When I take it off, my wrist feels completely naked and I have a hard time functioning.  It’s sad, I know, but the truth.  I just love this watch so much.  I love that I can customize the watch face and add little widgets (apps) for weather, steps, and others to truly get the most out of this watch.  

Honestly, if you are on the fence about getting a running watch--GET THE GARMIN VIVOACTIVE!!!  You will not regret it.  

IMG_0446.JPG

And as always, my friends,

IMG_0425.JPG
RUN ON,

Laura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired Endurance Giveaway

I HAVE SOMETHING SUPER AWESOME TO SHARE!! READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE!!! Several times during the past 3 weeks I have been wearing these 2 awesome bracelets from Inspired Endurance.  It was brought to my attention about 4 weeks ago that they were looking for bloggers to wear their jewelry and write a review about them.  I was honored to be able to do this.  I asked for the 13.1 charm for myself and the run charm to give away.  I have been wearing both to see what it would be like to wear multiple bracelets from them.  I love them!  I love them so much that I am actually going to purchase the 26.2 charm to wear with my 13.1 charm so that I can wear 2 of them all the time!   They are so comfortable to wear that I hardly notice that I have them on!  I am a teacher so I am running around all day working with kids, working the copy machine, and typing on the computer.  Normally dangly bracelets will end up driving me crazy about halfway through the day.  These ones have not bothe

MADISON MARATHON 26.2~I AM A MARATHONER!!!!

OMG!!!!!   I DID IT!!! I RAN A MARATHON!!!  I AM A MARATHONER!!!!  I seriously cannot believe I did it! I am still in shock days later! I completed a marathon!  I didn’t DNF! I wanted to several times towards the end, but thanks to some awesome new running friends, I made it through the entire 26.2 miles!  I feel ridiculously sore, but I am the happiest and proudest I think I have ever been of myself!  I DID IT!!!!   I was so nervous waking up this morning!  I didn’t fully know what to expect since it was my first full, but I have run so many other races that I just used my normal routine to get myself going.  I ate breakfast and got myself dressed, then went on to waking up the rest of my crew.  My awesome Mother-in-law spent the night since we had to be up and going so early.  I wanted to leave the house by 5:45 but we never leave when I want to.  Getting my crew up and going is quite a feat this early in the morning!  We were out the door by 6 so I was happy about that.  I just

I may have a Serious Addiction!!!!

In the past 3 weeks I have ran 41, 45, and 46 miles!! Those are some crazy totals considering I would have been lucky to have a total of 20 miles a week back in October/November of last year! I definitely have my mojo back!! I keep wanting to push myself more and more with my running! My legs are feeling strong and powerful and I love it!! I am super proud of how far I have come with my running.  Back when I started running almost 3 years ago, I had a hard time running a full mile on the treadmill and it took me between 13-15 minutes to do it! I would get so down on myself, thinking that I would never be able to run a 10 minute mile! Now I can run that consistently for long distances, but I get down on myself when I can't maintain 9 minute miles for a 5K! I need to just be proud of myself for how far I have come with my running! I will get there! I'm just always in such a competiton with myself! I know I can I can do so much better with my nutrition so I am going to read this b