Skip to main content

Week in Review Dec 14-19

WoW!  It has been a busy week here!  I can proudly say though, that all my Christmas prep is done!  Cookies are all made, Christmas cards are sent, all the shopping is done, and all the presents are wrapped!  I have never been done this early!  I am usually rushing around the few days before Christmas to get everything completed!  I am so happy to be done!  But it has taken a toll and I am exhausted today!  So today is a rest day so that I can put in some killer workouts this week before the joy of the holiday season.  I am happy to say that my ankle feels much better this week and I haven’t had to ice or tape it!  Hopefully my killer workouts this coming week won’t change that!  LOL

I upped my miles this week and put in a total of 30 miles on my legs.  I haven’t put that many miles on my legs in a while, probably since marathon training.  It felt good to get out there and run even in frigid temps this week.  My miles this week were as follows: Sunday 10 miles, Tuesday 6.5 miles, Thursday 6.5 miles, and Saturday 7 miles.  The temperature change from Sunday to Saturday was drastic to say the least! Sunday I ran in a sports bra and Saturday I had my warmest running gear on and was still shivering 2 hours after I came home and showered!  I love Wisconsin in the Winter!  It’s an adventure every day!!  Luckily there hasn’t been any snow or icy roads, so I have been able to run outside.  I am not looking forward to the day when it does snow and the roads are icy and I have to use the dreadmill!  Until then I am going to cherish every run I am able to complete outside!  

Weight training was pretty amazing this week!  I actually overslept a little on Monday so I was only able to do Back and Biceps.  It was still a pretty rocking workout. I managed to up my weights a bit this week and that left my arms feeling amazing.  I really tried to focus on my form with pull-ups too.  I don’t have a pull-up bar so I use resistance bands to simulate the movement.  I tried to not rush the movement and to hold it at the bottom.  That made a difference in the amount of reps I completed but it made for a bigger burn afterwards!!  Love that!!  I also upped my weights for biceps and used more weights for Leg day on Wednesday. I had serious DOMS on Thursday and Friday!  It felt amazing!  I love DOMS!!  It means I had a total butt kicking workout and my muscles are growing!  That is what I live for!  I love the soreness after a killer workout!  It is truly the best feeling in the world!  I may be crazy but this is what I love the most from a workout!  Friday was chest, shoulders, and triceps.  I upped my weights a little for shoulders and triceps but kept my good form.  I am loving the variety of my workouts now!  I forgot how much I love all the P90X workouts and how completely accomplished I feel after pushing my body to the limits for an hour.  I didn’t have time for extra legs stuff on Monday, but I did on Friday.  It was hard after leg day.  I almost didn’t want to but I did some deadlifts, single deadlifts, and calf raises.  Miraculously, my legs actually felt better after doing these moves.  They weren’t quite as sore Friday afternoon!

IMG_0270.JPG

I am totally looking forward to only working 2 days this week and enjoying both of those days with my middle school kids!  I can’t wait to have a little extra time for some killer workouts this week and the week after Christmas!  I am ready to bring it!  But what matters the most is spending time with my babes!  This time of year is so magical and I can’t wait to spend as much time enjoying it with my family!  

IMG_0171.JPG
This goes out to all my teacher friends!  We can do this!!!!

Until next time, Run on, my friends!!
And always remember:
316.JPG

Laura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired Endurance Giveaway

I HAVE SOMETHING SUPER AWESOME TO SHARE!! READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE!!! Several times during the past 3 weeks I have been wearing these 2 awesome bracelets from Inspired Endurance.  It was brought to my attention about 4 weeks ago that they were looking for bloggers to wear their jewelry and write a review about them.  I was honored to be able to do this.  I asked for the 13.1 charm for myself and the run charm to give away.  I have been wearing both to see what it would be like to wear multiple bracelets from them.  I love them!  I love them so much that I am actually going to purchase the 26.2 charm to wear with my 13.1 charm so that I can wear 2 of them all the time!   They are so comfortable to wear that I hardly notice that I have them on!  I am a teacher so I am running around all day working with kids, working the copy machine, and typing on the computer.  Normally dangly bracelets will end up driving me crazy about halfway through the day.  These ones have not bothe

MADISON MARATHON 26.2~I AM A MARATHONER!!!!

OMG!!!!!   I DID IT!!! I RAN A MARATHON!!!  I AM A MARATHONER!!!!  I seriously cannot believe I did it! I am still in shock days later! I completed a marathon!  I didn’t DNF! I wanted to several times towards the end, but thanks to some awesome new running friends, I made it through the entire 26.2 miles!  I feel ridiculously sore, but I am the happiest and proudest I think I have ever been of myself!  I DID IT!!!!   I was so nervous waking up this morning!  I didn’t fully know what to expect since it was my first full, but I have run so many other races that I just used my normal routine to get myself going.  I ate breakfast and got myself dressed, then went on to waking up the rest of my crew.  My awesome Mother-in-law spent the night since we had to be up and going so early.  I wanted to leave the house by 5:45 but we never leave when I want to.  Getting my crew up and going is quite a feat this early in the morning!  We were out the door by 6 so I was happy about that.  I just

I may have a Serious Addiction!!!!

In the past 3 weeks I have ran 41, 45, and 46 miles!! Those are some crazy totals considering I would have been lucky to have a total of 20 miles a week back in October/November of last year! I definitely have my mojo back!! I keep wanting to push myself more and more with my running! My legs are feeling strong and powerful and I love it!! I am super proud of how far I have come with my running.  Back when I started running almost 3 years ago, I had a hard time running a full mile on the treadmill and it took me between 13-15 minutes to do it! I would get so down on myself, thinking that I would never be able to run a 10 minute mile! Now I can run that consistently for long distances, but I get down on myself when I can't maintain 9 minute miles for a 5K! I need to just be proud of myself for how far I have come with my running! I will get there! I'm just always in such a competiton with myself! I know I can I can do so much better with my nutrition so I am going to read this b