Skip to main content

Santa Hustle 5K 2015 ~ Best race EVER!!!!

Santa Hustle 5K 2015
Saturday 12-5-15 8:30 am
Maddie and I ran our first 5k together today!  It was so much fun.  We drove up to Milwaukee Friday night to get our packets at Fleet Feet Sports.  Maddie was so excited to get her sweatshirt, santa beard and hat, but most of all she was excited to get her first race bib!  She couldn’t wait to put them on!!  We had a great time at the hotel, looking around at the Christmas decorations, and playing hide and seek with the kids.  I’ll be honest.  We were all acting like kids!!  It was so much fun!! I don’t think I have had this much fun in a while.  I am usually so straight-laced and time-oriented. It was nice to have a weekend that was pure fun and enjoyment.  

IMG_0078.PNG
This girl was so happy to get her first race packet!  She loved going to Fleet Feet to pick it up for herself.  It was the best!  We had to do the standard packet pickup Facebook and Instagram post.  

IMG_0090.JPG
Race Day morning we woke up early to get ready and head to the hotel restaurant for breakfast.  I knew that Maddie and I weren’t going to be running too fast so I could eat a decent breakfast and still be able to run.  She ordered pancakes and I had a veggie omelet.  EJ had a waffle and Jay had eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, and other goodies from the breakfast bar.  I have to tell you Hilton has it right for breakfast!  Our food was amazing!!!  
IMG_0100.JPG
They have these giant inflatables every year!  Maddie and I had to take pictures before the race started! We were a little cold as you can see, but we warmed up fast when we started running.

IMG_0115.JPG
I had to snap a few pictures of my girl running on the course.  She was phenomenal!  She was a trouper!  We walked when she wanted to and then ran some more.  
IMG_0118.JPG
Everyone commented on how cute she was and what a great job she was doing!  I was smiling the whole time.  I am definitely super proud of my baby girl!!

IMG_0119.JPG
We stopped at almost every sign to take a picture.  This is something I NEVER do!!  I am usually so wrapped up in my time and finishing strong and faster than the last year.  It was really good for me to just run this race for fun and enjoy every moment of it with my awesome daughter!  
IMG_0127.JPG
This is just how stinkin cute my kid is:  We were coming back on the course after the turn around and there were elves handing out cookies when we first passed. Well they had more cookies so they crossed the street to hand out more.  Maddie was able to grab more than one, since they offered.  She held on to these 2 cookies for the last mile of the race because she wanted to give one to her brother!  How adorable!!
IMG_0128.JPG
We finished our race in 47:12 which is awesome for Maddie! Waiting at the finish line were Daddy, EJ and Gramma and Poppa drove up to she her finish!  Everyone was yelling and cheering for her!  I was so proud!  We grabbed some water and some food after before meeting up with our cheerleaders.  Maddie got big hugs from everyone, including her brother who was really excited about his cookie!  

We hung out for a little bit and then headed back to the hotel to take warm showers and get ready to go shopping! We spent the rest of the day shopping at Mayfair Mall getting Christmas shopping done.  Maddie, EJ, and I also got Build-A-Bears!!!  It was a bribe for them to behave while we were shopping and it worked!!  BAB had a deal on some of the animals.  They were buy 2 for $35.  Of course the one EJ wants isn’t a part of that deal!  He just had to get a Reindeer!!! Maddie wanted Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon.  He was part of the deal and so was Stormfly, which is another dragon from that movie.  So, for $10 more, Mommy got to stuff a BAB!  I haven’t done this since probably middle school!!  It was really a lot of fun!  Maddie watches Stormfly for me when I run and am not at home!  She’s so cute about it!  

I can’t wait to do this all over again next year!!  Maddie and I already have ideas for how to spice up our outfits!!  It’s going to be great!!

Until next time, Run on, my friends!!
And always remember:
316.JPG

Laura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired Endurance Giveaway

I HAVE SOMETHING SUPER AWESOME TO SHARE!! READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE!!! Several times during the past 3 weeks I have been wearing these 2 awesome bracelets from Inspired Endurance.  It was brought to my attention about 4 weeks ago that they were looking for bloggers to wear their jewelry and write a review about them.  I was honored to be able to do this.  I asked for the 13.1 charm for myself and the run charm to give away.  I have been wearing both to see what it would be like to wear multiple bracelets from them.  I love them!  I love them so much that I am actually going to purchase the 26.2 charm to wear with my 13.1 charm so that I can wear 2 of them all the time!   They are so comfortable to wear that I hardly notice that I have them on!  I am a teacher so I am running around all day working with kids, working the copy machine, and typing on the computer.  Normally dangly bracelets will end up driving me crazy about halfway through the day.  These ones have not bothe

MADISON MARATHON 26.2~I AM A MARATHONER!!!!

OMG!!!!!   I DID IT!!! I RAN A MARATHON!!!  I AM A MARATHONER!!!!  I seriously cannot believe I did it! I am still in shock days later! I completed a marathon!  I didn’t DNF! I wanted to several times towards the end, but thanks to some awesome new running friends, I made it through the entire 26.2 miles!  I feel ridiculously sore, but I am the happiest and proudest I think I have ever been of myself!  I DID IT!!!!   I was so nervous waking up this morning!  I didn’t fully know what to expect since it was my first full, but I have run so many other races that I just used my normal routine to get myself going.  I ate breakfast and got myself dressed, then went on to waking up the rest of my crew.  My awesome Mother-in-law spent the night since we had to be up and going so early.  I wanted to leave the house by 5:45 but we never leave when I want to.  Getting my crew up and going is quite a feat this early in the morning!  We were out the door by 6 so I was happy about that.  I just

I may have a Serious Addiction!!!!

In the past 3 weeks I have ran 41, 45, and 46 miles!! Those are some crazy totals considering I would have been lucky to have a total of 20 miles a week back in October/November of last year! I definitely have my mojo back!! I keep wanting to push myself more and more with my running! My legs are feeling strong and powerful and I love it!! I am super proud of how far I have come with my running.  Back when I started running almost 3 years ago, I had a hard time running a full mile on the treadmill and it took me between 13-15 minutes to do it! I would get so down on myself, thinking that I would never be able to run a 10 minute mile! Now I can run that consistently for long distances, but I get down on myself when I can't maintain 9 minute miles for a 5K! I need to just be proud of myself for how far I have come with my running! I will get there! I'm just always in such a competiton with myself! I know I can I can do so much better with my nutrition so I am going to read this b