Skip to main content

Project: Garage 2016 Part 2

Here is an update on the garage project once again.  There’s only been a few days of excitement but it has brought about lots of new thoughts and projects to tackle once the garage is completed!

On June 17 the concrete company came back to backfill the trenches around the concrete walls. This took most of the morning and my kids were excited to watch it with Nana.  I was sadly at work, but it’s ok.  Maddie and Nana were excited that the person driving the loader was a woman.  She worked really hard and did work that I wouldn’t want to do.  I commend her for doing it. I am also thankful that I didn’t have to do it.  I am thankful that I don’t have to do any of this work, to be honest!!

IMG_2624.JPG

That next week the builders came to start on the walls.  On June 21 they framed out the walls and took off the siding.  The kids and I were gone for most of the day as I had summer school in the morning and then an eye doctor appointment in the afternoon.  When we got home the walls were all framed out and most of the siding was off the house.  The guys only had a little bit left to do.  It’s crazy to see this transformation!  I was a little bummed that we didn’t get to watch them but I was more upset that my poor dogs had to listen to the pounding all day!  Their cages are located on that side of the house so there were able to hear it all loud and clear.  I made sure to let them out right away and they said HI to the workers and were able to stay outside for a bit.  Mugsy, our pug was the one who I think had the hardest time.  He is not a fan of loud noises and seemed pretty upset with us for the rest of the day.  

IMG_2665.JPG

The next day, June 22, the builders were back to put up the plywood and put the paper covering on.  Again, the kids and I were gone for most of the day.  We only saw the workers in the afternoon and they were almost finished by that time. The dogs were not happy again but we made sure to snuggle them up for the rest of the day.   We were told at the end of the day that the tresses and siding have been ordered  and now we just have to wait for them to come in so the building can continue.  

IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_2682.JPG

Now we wait.  While we are waiting we are to be watering down the dirt in the garage and around it so that it settles before they bring in the gravel and pour the cement floor.

I don’t like the waiting game but it is what it is.  

Until the next update!  

Enjoy!!

Laura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired Endurance Giveaway

I HAVE SOMETHING SUPER AWESOME TO SHARE!! READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE!!! Several times during the past 3 weeks I have been wearing these 2 awesome bracelets from Inspired Endurance.  It was brought to my attention about 4 weeks ago that they were looking for bloggers to wear their jewelry and write a review about them.  I was honored to be able to do this.  I asked for the 13.1 charm for myself and the run charm to give away.  I have been wearing both to see what it would be like to wear multiple bracelets from them.  I love them!  I love them so much that I am actually going to purchase the 26.2 charm to wear with my 13.1 charm so that I can wear 2 of them all the time!   They are so comfortable to wear that I hardly notice that I have them on!  I am a teacher so I am running around all day working with kids, working the copy machine, and typing on the computer.  Normally dangly bracelets will end up driving me crazy about halfway through the day.  These ones have not bothe

MADISON MARATHON 26.2~I AM A MARATHONER!!!!

OMG!!!!!   I DID IT!!! I RAN A MARATHON!!!  I AM A MARATHONER!!!!  I seriously cannot believe I did it! I am still in shock days later! I completed a marathon!  I didn’t DNF! I wanted to several times towards the end, but thanks to some awesome new running friends, I made it through the entire 26.2 miles!  I feel ridiculously sore, but I am the happiest and proudest I think I have ever been of myself!  I DID IT!!!!   I was so nervous waking up this morning!  I didn’t fully know what to expect since it was my first full, but I have run so many other races that I just used my normal routine to get myself going.  I ate breakfast and got myself dressed, then went on to waking up the rest of my crew.  My awesome Mother-in-law spent the night since we had to be up and going so early.  I wanted to leave the house by 5:45 but we never leave when I want to.  Getting my crew up and going is quite a feat this early in the morning!  We were out the door by 6 so I was happy about that.  I just

I may have a Serious Addiction!!!!

In the past 3 weeks I have ran 41, 45, and 46 miles!! Those are some crazy totals considering I would have been lucky to have a total of 20 miles a week back in October/November of last year! I definitely have my mojo back!! I keep wanting to push myself more and more with my running! My legs are feeling strong and powerful and I love it!! I am super proud of how far I have come with my running.  Back when I started running almost 3 years ago, I had a hard time running a full mile on the treadmill and it took me between 13-15 minutes to do it! I would get so down on myself, thinking that I would never be able to run a 10 minute mile! Now I can run that consistently for long distances, but I get down on myself when I can't maintain 9 minute miles for a 5K! I need to just be proud of myself for how far I have come with my running! I will get there! I'm just always in such a competiton with myself! I know I can I can do so much better with my nutrition so I am going to read this b