Skip to main content

Hello February!!

So the first month of the year is in the books! It was an up and down month for me! I have so many things that I want to do and be good at! I spent the last 2 weeks of January re-evaluating my priorities and what I really want to do in my life! 

I have re-discovered my love for long distance running! I am getting more and more excited about running 26.2 this year! I have had some really great long runs outside! I ran my first ever outdoor 15 miles last weekend! I even tried peanut butter GU for the first time!! Delicious by the way!  My treadmill long runs have been difficult to say the least but my mileage is increasing and I am happy about that!

I love this quote! There are so many storms in our lives that we go through and this month has been a challenge! 

I found out a few weeks ago that my grandpa who lives in Florida is not doing so well. It's been very hard for me to handle since he is my only living grandparent and he lives so far away! With all my family and career requirements it's hard to just pick up and leave. I am dealing with some guilt with this but I also have to realize that God is in control and only He knows what's to come. So I will say my prayers and let God handle it! 

I have been working on increasing my faith and walk with God this month also. I know I have fallen away a bit and I think that is in part why this month has been so challenging. I have turned away from my true purpose which is to help people! I have been doing too many things to sell myself and that is not what I am about! I am here to help others in any way that I can! I love Beachbody and I love being a coach, and as much as I love it when clients want to buy one of the new programs from me, I love it so much more when they ask for my personal help with meal plans, meal prep, recipes,  water check ins, and personal motivation! I love celebrating victories with them! It's why I love teaching! And why I love the one on one teaching I do with students daily! I am their personal coach daily! I build them up and give them strategies they can go back and use right away in the classroom! That's what I want to do with adults! That's what I hope to do with my PiYo teaching! I hope to one day expand that enough to go into personal training!! I know God put me on this earth to help others! I know He is working through me to help my students and clients! I know I need to take it one step at a time and continue to let God guide my path! 

As I look to February, I am going to continue to push myself with my running mileage and focus on helping my students and clients! I can see big things in my future but only by the grace of God! As long as I put Him first, there is nothing I can't do! 

So here's to pushing forward and following God! 

As always, Be Strong, You Never Know Who You Are Inspiring!!

Run on!! 

Laura 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired Endurance Giveaway

I HAVE SOMETHING SUPER AWESOME TO SHARE!! READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE!!! Several times during the past 3 weeks I have been wearing these 2 awesome bracelets from Inspired Endurance.  It was brought to my attention about 4 weeks ago that they were looking for bloggers to wear their jewelry and write a review about them.  I was honored to be able to do this.  I asked for the 13.1 charm for myself and the run charm to give away.  I have been wearing both to see what it would be like to wear multiple bracelets from them.  I love them!  I love them so much that I am actually going to purchase the 26.2 charm to wear with my 13.1 charm so that I can wear 2 of them all the time!   They are so comfortable to wear that I hardly notice that I have them on!  I am a teacher so I am running around all day working with kids, working the copy machine, and typing on the computer.  Normally dangly bracelets will end up driving me crazy about halfway through the day.  These ones have not bothe

MADISON MARATHON 26.2~I AM A MARATHONER!!!!

OMG!!!!!   I DID IT!!! I RAN A MARATHON!!!  I AM A MARATHONER!!!!  I seriously cannot believe I did it! I am still in shock days later! I completed a marathon!  I didn’t DNF! I wanted to several times towards the end, but thanks to some awesome new running friends, I made it through the entire 26.2 miles!  I feel ridiculously sore, but I am the happiest and proudest I think I have ever been of myself!  I DID IT!!!!   I was so nervous waking up this morning!  I didn’t fully know what to expect since it was my first full, but I have run so many other races that I just used my normal routine to get myself going.  I ate breakfast and got myself dressed, then went on to waking up the rest of my crew.  My awesome Mother-in-law spent the night since we had to be up and going so early.  I wanted to leave the house by 5:45 but we never leave when I want to.  Getting my crew up and going is quite a feat this early in the morning!  We were out the door by 6 so I was happy about that.  I just

I may have a Serious Addiction!!!!

In the past 3 weeks I have ran 41, 45, and 46 miles!! Those are some crazy totals considering I would have been lucky to have a total of 20 miles a week back in October/November of last year! I definitely have my mojo back!! I keep wanting to push myself more and more with my running! My legs are feeling strong and powerful and I love it!! I am super proud of how far I have come with my running.  Back when I started running almost 3 years ago, I had a hard time running a full mile on the treadmill and it took me between 13-15 minutes to do it! I would get so down on myself, thinking that I would never be able to run a 10 minute mile! Now I can run that consistently for long distances, but I get down on myself when I can't maintain 9 minute miles for a 5K! I need to just be proud of myself for how far I have come with my running! I will get there! I'm just always in such a competiton with myself! I know I can I can do so much better with my nutrition so I am going to read this b